Friday, June 10, 2011

Best Acquaintances...


I have the uncanny ability to be friends with people, good friends with people and have them not know me AT all.  I’m amazed at how many people claim to know me, but really know nothing about me. Yeah sure, bits and pieces, but not the full story and when I think about it, I don’t really know them.  I mean how many people do you know, like KNOW through and through?  Not many right?  You just know what they’ve told you and from that you make an attempt to connect the dots. 

But how is it you can know some people for your entire life and still feel like they don’t know you? Do you have the right to call them your friend?  Or even sometimes your best friend?  Is this a trust issue? Like what does “friend” mean anyway? 

Really who knows you entirely?? Do you even fully know yourself?? I mean, it happens; shoot every now and then I surprise myself with a completely new side of me.  This month I’m just now realizing how reaaaaallly emotional I am.  Not just being a crier, (everyone knows I cry lol) but just how hypersensitive my feelings are.  It doesn’t take much to hurt them.  And aside from the obvious moments, it’s something I usually hide from most folks even myself.   So I guess if I’m still learning who I am… I can’t really expect people to know either LOL. 

I bring up this point because I don’t know if I use the term “friend” loosely or put entirely too much stock in it.  But I have friends that I’ve always considered friends and then when they “tell me about myself” I’m always confused with how off mark they are.

It makes me wonder if I’m projecting myself a certain way that’s not consistent with my personality.  Do I give entirely too much surface?  Do I shy away from being completely myself?  It’s not that I’m being phony because at the time I believe I’m being genuine but I guess I’m just not giving full disclosure or maybe I don’t fully let go of that control that we Leo’s like to have lol Who knows.  What I do know is if I want people to know who I am, I will have to show them the person that I am. Simply put huh?

Challenge:  Next week I will choose a friend to develop a closer/ more authentic friendship.  If you grapple with this too, I extend the challenge to you as well.  Why not grow deeper in your relationships? 

Till next week…Happy Friday y’all!

Ps…this blog is a bit too personal, next week I will revamp blog topics…<<<Wait, is that me floating back to the surface??? Ahahahahahaha! Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment